How Can I Donate or Help?
Please support the CAN communities, villages, schools, health posts, porter welfare projects and the CAN staff by donating to CAN
There are three methods to donate much needed funds to CAN:
- ONLINE with credit/debit card via CAN’s JUST GIVING page – click here for details. (Just Giving will make a small admin charge, which we have no control over). Alternatively, CAN has now registered with BT's MyDonate and the link to CAN's page is here: MyDonate
- BT does not make any charge for this service - it is a completely free facility.
- CHEQUE: Cheques payable to CAN and sent to our office: CAN, Stewart Hill Cottage, Hesket Newmarket, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 8HX
Please mark the back of your cheque ‘Earthquake Appeal’
BANK TRANSFER: Direct bank payments can be made to CAN’s bank account. PLEASE reference your payment ‘Earthquake Appeal’
– Building Society: Cumberland Building Society, 38 Fisher Street, Carlisle, UK CA3 8RQ
– Account Name: Community Action Nepal
– Sort Code: 16-52-21
– Account no: 54157518
- More than 95% of your donation will be used to directly help the Nepalese communities. (Funds from Doug's lectures, sale of prints and Nepalese goods help support admin and office costs).
- Unfortunately we are unable to take card donations by phone.
Card machines work via the mobile phone network, and the CAN office, in the Lake District mountains, has poor mobile phone reception – so card machines do not work. For online Credit or Debit card donations, please use the CAN Justgiving Page above.
- GIFT AID: Tax payers can increase their donation by 25% by claiming Gift Aid: click here to download a Gift Aid form
- JUST GIVING: Many of CAN supporters have come up with ingenious ways of fund raising - especially since the 2015 earthquakes - including running marathons, climbing hills to the height of Everest, holding social events, giving up chocolate for a year and many many more - please click here to see current initiatives.
We pride ourselves on acknowledging and thanking all individual donors but there are times when our letters are delayed especially when the office is particularly busy.
ORGANISE A FUNDRAISING EVENT
Why not organise a public event? This could be almost anything – music gig, talk, sponsored climb/walk/cycle/swim, coffee morning, disco, art exhibition, sitting in a bath of baked beans….!
Please send CAN the event details and we will help publicise your event on our website and Facebook pages. Email details and images to email@example.com.
TAKE PART IN A SPONSORED EVENT
Such as a sponsored run, walk or cycle. You can easily set up an online donations page using CAN’s Justgiving page
Download a sponsorship form here if this is helpful?!
wear a can t-shirt with pride
Can t-shirts and sweat-shirts are now available and can be obtained by contacting the CAN office.
or wear a can sweat shirt