How Can I Donate or Help?
Please support the CAN communities, villages, schools, health posts, porter welfare projects and the CAN staff by donating to CAN
There are three methods to donate much needed funds to CAN:
- ONLINE with credit/debit card via CAN’s JUST GIVING page – click here for details. (Just Giving will make a small admin charge, which we have no control over). Alternatively, CAN has now registered with BT's MyDonate and the link to CAN's page is here: MyDonate
- BT does not make any charge for this service - it is a completely free facility.
- CHEQUE: Cheques payable to CAN and sent to our office: CAN, Stewart Hill Cottage, Hesket Newmarket, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 8HX
Please mark the back of your cheque ‘Earthquake Appeal’
BANK TRANSFER: Direct bank payments can be made to CAN’s bank account. PLEASE reference your payment ‘Earthquake Appeal’
– Building Society: Cumberland Building Society, 38 Fisher Street, Carlisle, UK CA3 8RQ
– Account Name: Community Action Nepal
– Sort Code: 16-52-21
– Account no: 54157518
INTERNATIONAL BANK TRANSFER: International transfer details are below: - IBAN: GB96 CMBS 1652 2154 1575 18 - SWIFT BIC: BARCGB22
- More than 95% of your donation will be used to directly help the Nepalese communities. (Funds from Doug's lectures, sale of prints and Nepalese goods help support admin and office costs).
- Unfortunately we are unable to take card donations by phone.
Card machines work via the mobile phone network, and the CAN office, in the Lake District mountains, has poor mobile phone reception – so card machines do not work. For online Credit or Debit card donations, please use the CAN Justgiving Page above.
- GIFT AID: Tax payers can increase their donation by 25% by claiming Gift Aid: click here to download a Gift Aid form
- JUST GIVING: Many of CAN supporters have come up with ingenious ways of fund raising - especially since the 2015 earthquakes - including running marathons, climbing hills to the height of Everest, holding social events, giving up chocolate for a year and many many more - please click here to see current initiatives.
We pride ourselves on acknowledging and thanking all individual donors but there are times when our letters are delayed especially when the office is particularly busy.
ORGANISE A FUNDRAISING EVENT
Why not organise a public event? This could be almost anything – music gig, talk, sponsored climb/walk/cycle/swim, coffee morning, disco, art exhibition, sitting in a bath of baked beans….!
Please send CAN the event details and we will help publicise your event on our website and Facebook pages. Email details and images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAKE PART IN A SPONSORED EVENT
Such as a sponsored run, walk or cycle. You can easily set up an online donations page using CAN’s Justgiving page
Download a sponsorship form here if this is helpful?!
wear a can t-shirt with pride
Can t-shirts and sweat-shirts are now available and can be obtained by contacting the CAN office.
or wear a can sweat shirt
alternatively for all our sponsored marathon runners there is the special technical shirt
greeting cards for sale
CAN is very grateful to have the support of painter, Agaath Dottridge whose wonderful work has been inspired by mountains and ice-formations in Scotland, Europe, the Karakorum and Himalaya. Her paintings have illustrated lectures and books and postcards have proved popular. Now, we are delighted to be able to announce that four of her paintings have been made into greeting cards which are on sale for £2.00 each and all proceeds will go to support CAN's work in Nepal.
Agaath's cards are illustrated below and, rather than include them as thumbnails, we have deliberately added them to the site on a large scale so that the intricacy of her art work is clearly visible.
Cards + envelopes can be purchased either individually or in multiples but please be aware there will be a charge for postage and packing in the sum of £3.50.