Posted on Apr 5th, 2013
Please join CAN for a special Summer Celebration on Saturday 29th /Sunday 30th June 2013
Saturday 29th June – Dinner / Dance: Mungrisdale Village Hall, 7.00pm
- “NAMASTE” – Meet CAN’s Nepali staff who are visiting the UK especially for the event. Find out more about CAN’s work from those at the front line.
- Enjoy a delicious hot evening meal by one of Cumbria’s top cooks using local produce
- Dance the night away with live band ‘Rainbow Sky’ playing hits from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s
- Charity Auction of mountain prints signed by world class climbers
- Relax in the beautiful North Lakes countryside – wonderful walking on Blencathra and Skiddaw or perhaps a gentle stroll around Derwentwater
COST: Suggested minimum donation of £35 per person (a proportion of which will help to cover our Nepalese visitors’ travel costs.) Click here for full details and a booking form LIMITED AVAILABILITY – Book Early!
Sunday 30th June – Dog Day Walk: Lowther Castle and Gardens, near Penrith 11.00am
- Join us to celebrate ‘Kukar Tihar’ – Nepalese Day of the Dog’, when over 50 dogs and their owners will enjoy a walk in the splendid grounds of Lowther Castle.
- Dogs will be garlanded with marigolds and owners will enjoy a glass of wine. Dogs will receive a blessing at Lowther Chapel at the end of the walk.
- A fun event for all the family.
Cost: A suggested donation of £9 online/£12 on the day (one dog and two people). Children Free. Click here for full details.
For more details: Contact the CAN office Tel: 01768 484842